Block Background

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WOF

I had the privilege to attend Women of Faith this last weekend with this amazing lady (my mom...ahem). And actually have been doing this yearly for at least the last five years. I wish I could remember the exact year that was my first (Mom, do you even remember!?).  With us, came my aunt and I'm so thankful for my time with her as well. Three ladies enjoying a heart felt weekend soaking up God's word...yes please!

As I've thought about this post for a few days (and still thinking about it), I'm really left with no words to explain it. With that being said, it leads me to think those words are just tucked in my heart. There were so many great moments on Friday night and all day Saturday. I could go on and on about how our train rides to and from were so much fun (even with the lack of air conditioning on the way home...ha!), or the delicious food and snacks we pigged out on..but wise words from Lisa Harper..."Anything eaten during the weekend were counted as 0 calories." The greatest moments was hearing about how "real" we should be with God. Letting go of the insecurities of my mom job and wife. Realizing it's okay to still have a little belly that for the life of me can't get rid of (thanking God for evidence of three beautiful children) or having arguments with Josh just makes our marriage even more REAL and means that we are living and breathing and fighting Satan for the sake of our union as man and wife! Oh, thanks to Ken Davis (look him up if you have time!) I almost DID laugh so much I may need a trip to the chiropractor. ;) Or Max Lucado and his God given message about the abundance of Grace! The  message of a lost child from Angie Smith that forever touched and brought additional healing to a part of my heart with honoring the precious life our family lost before Abigail's birth.   Selah and CeCe Winans worship was amazing. I could go on but it truly is something that is in my "heart diary."

To be honest, this weekend snuck up on me and in the busyiness of life, I couldn't bear to think too much on it and leaving my sweets. It had nothing to do with my honey but ME. I'm with them everyday and run our home. I even had PJ's and clothes laid out for them before I left. The menu made, and so on to make it run smoothly. It just makes me a little hesitant to leave them for a day and half (overnight included). Those little ones and my hubs have me wrapped around their finger. Oh, but man oh man, did I NEEED that weekend. God just worked and worked, strengthed me, my head, my heart, my inner most thoughts in such a gentle way that I can't imagine NOT attending. It's weekends like those that I'm reminded how good time away is and it does a mommy good. Refreshed, battle gear on, and ready to continue training my little warriors for the Lord. Loving and encouraging Josh through this stressful time of school knowing that we ARE being faithful and obedient to the Lord's calling even if our future looks hazy as to where God will lead us.

Oh I'm so fortunate for a mother (and dad) to provide this opportunity each year for us to have heart to heart moments of sharing, laughing, crying, and enjoying each other. Thankful for a wonderful husband to let me have this time to "escape" for moments of God's word just pouring into my soul to come back refreshed and continue for my roots to grow deeper. Even more so to God, who truly knows what I need, when I need it, how to get it through my "hard" head, and being real with me.

So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment