Block Background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Outdoors

I'm not sure about you but we have been enjoying a lot more time outside as the weather has "cooled" off. Those days of 100 degrees can definitely make a day longer when you don't even want to go outside in fear of your hair catching on fire!

I thought I'd share just a few photos of what's been happenin'. :)

Our garden has come to the end. We pulled the last carrot and onions a few weeks ago. Aidan was actually the one who pulled our one carrot that survived because something ate our other ones. And being the best dad ever, Josh just put it back in the dirt for Abigail to pull when she woke up. Now this girl successfully pulled it but quickly (and I mean QUICK) dropped it (like it was some weird creature)! I'm pretty sure the orange thing hanging from it, freaked her out. I mean pulling weeds is one thing but when you pull a "weed" with something big hanging off that's another. Hilarious to see but also a good lesson to teach her about carrots! :)

 We had already been picking strawberries, onions, tomatoes throughout the year but here's the last of it. We did have a small watermelon but something ate it. Boo. Overall it went well. This year's summer heat just really got to it so hopefully next year we will have more! :)

Homemade bubbles!? Yes please! Thanks to a cut water bottle (on the bottom), a sock taped around the bottom, a bowl of dish soap and water, (pinterest), and some sweet blows of air...ta dah! They loved it!! Next time I'll add some food coloring to see what happens. :) 




I'm so behind on posts but bear with me. Josh has started his classes (taking THREE this semester...prayers are welcome) at seminary so our computer has been a bit more occupied. Lots of fun stuff ahead... :) I mean...really...when you wake up to this face during breakfast, you know there's fun! :) 



PS. I'd love to know who reads this thing! Feel free to click "Follow" on the left so I know who ya are. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment