Block Background

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dear Abigail...

Dearest  Sweetest, Most Precious Abigail,

I just got done praying and worshiping God (tonight) because of you. Yes, you have led me (unexpectedly) to Him in awe and thanks. I'm not even sure if I can portray it into words because of how close to me and my heart you have struck.

As you know and may hear from others in the future, you have been my challenge. You challenge me with new ideas I must portray to occupy you in boredom, new ways to use our imagination during play time or tea parties, discipline (I won't even go into that one!), ways to get your attention, feeding you constantly, and probably more I can't think of now. Regardless of all of these areas you are beautiful, inside and out. These things are what makes you, YOU. Yes, I will admit, I get frustrated at your constant screaming when Aidan bugs you (even when I tell  threaten you 10+ times to stop), or how you puuuush the limit after I say no, yep, you beg after I tell you no to cake or candy at 9am in the morning (who knows where you got that idea). But let me just say sweet Abigail, all of that is gone when it's just me and you my little love. You are THE angel. And anyone in public would agree because you are the same way in public. Everyone ooh's and awe's at your well behavior.

Let's talk about tonight...
Tonight is Wednesday. This is the night where Daddy and Aidan go to Awanas and it's just me, you, and Adelyn. Now that we are in the time change (shorter nights) Adelyn tends to go to bed earlier which means we have more time with just us. Oh girlfriend, do we love it or what!? I do hope you remember these nights. We laugh (and I mean BIG belly laughs), we read books, we dance to music, dress your baby dolls for night time, laugh some more, and get ready for bed. Tonight my dear, you have made me humble before the Lord. Side note: After our prayers you require that "Mommy do it." (put you to bed every night) So as I tucked you in bed, prayed, we began our two songs we sing every night. Jesus Loves Me and Great is Thy Faithfulness. Usually it's just me singing these to you with your head on my shoulder and your "boo" (purple night blanket) on my shoulder with your head laying on it taking in the scent of your "boo." However, tonight you joined me and Abigail, your tiny two year old voice is BEAUTIFUL. LOVE it. You sing every word to both songs (even though faithfulness is a big word and a stranger may not understand it (but I do) )

"Great is Thy faithfulness." "Great is Thy faithfulness."
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    "Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me.

Tonight by line two the Holy Spirit just overwhelmed my heart in realizing that here I was worshiping with you. How GREAT is HE! HE has provided unto me. So I somehow managed to dry up some tears before leaving and telling you good night (along with telling Owl, Hippo, Best Baby, Blue Baby, Big Baby, Giraffe, Bear, and Boo), kissing your sweet head, brushing your hair out of your face, and telling you I love you so so much. I closed your door and there it went. Tears. Tears of realizing how full my heart was. There's no amount of money, things for our home, new clothes, that compares to your worth. I told the Lord (in tears) how you are gold, no platinum (because that's a stronger metal), no...no...priceless. As tears streamed down my humbled face the only words to Him were thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you for my Abigail, my Aidan, my Adelyn, and my partner in life Josh. I don't deserve it. I'm not worthy. YOU are worthy. Why me? Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. My family is beautiful and fashioned just for me. I'm rewarded and blessed. Fortunate that God would let me "borrow" you to raise you with responsibility.

Abigail, your tiny voice in music has left me speechless and in awe of how great our God is. My prayer is that you really know how much God loves you (and much more over your life). How truly priceless you are and the princess you were made to be in this world. I love love love you!!!!

With SO much love,
Mommy
My beautiful girl

Your LOVE of Monsters Inc...adorable. :) 


Can't help but love her in the midst of messiness. ;) 


2 comments:

  1. As I sit here with tears streaming down my face, after reading your blog, all I can say is 'thank you, thank you, thank you' to God for giving YOU to me as our daughter (first). And now as sisters in Christ, and as friends who can talk about grown up things. I love, love, love you...my little sweet potato...always!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! You inspire me to be a better mom. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete